michael_flanagan

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

I had always wanted to attend school and achieve a Master’s degree, but my military career and post retirement career kept filling the time.  Finally, after I was secure in my second career I made the time for studies. I pretty much completed my bachelor’s and followed up with my masters studies after just a short break. My current goal for achieving an MBA was motivated by the fact that the GPS accommodated for the work schedule and travels of a professional adult. A perfect example is that the program allowed me to continue studies while being deployed to Afghanistan last year.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?      

Originally, I attended Averett for my bachelor’s degree in business. I chose Averett based off their ability to work with adult professionals as well as accepting the transferring credits of the active duty military. Upon completion of the BBA program I continued onto my MBA with Averett mainly due to the smooth transition, and I was confident that the education would be both challenging and professionally delivered.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students.

Stay focused on your goal and take it week by week. Sometimes it will seem overwhelming and then that week passes.

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

The interaction with the other students within the cohort. With the GPS program the curriculum ties in the real-world experiences that we all bring to the classroom. I believe that this interaction is a key to the GPS success.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2018

Read 3 Ways an MBA Online Can Help You Advance Professionally

Read 3 Ways an Accredited Online MBA Can Help You Advance Personally

Learn about our MBA Programs

Download MBA Requirements

Tags: , , , ,