Military Benefits for GPS Students
Averett University extends specialized military student support to GPS enrollees who are:
- Active, reserve, or veteran members of the armed forces
- Civilian employees of the Department of Defense
- State National Guard employees
- Eligible family members of any of the above
These include financial aid benefits, portfolio and military experience evaluation for transfer credit, and more.
Financial Aid for Military Students
We also participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, offering additional funds to help cover any difference in cost between your GI Bill benefits and our tuition rates. Contact Financial Aid for more information about our Yellow Ribbon Program benefits.
Additional information about your GI Bill benefits is available at www.gibill.va.gov.
Tuition Scholarship for Military Students
Please note that this scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship offered to GPS students.
Military Experience and Alternative Credit Evaluation
- U.S. Army – AARTS transcript
- U.S. Navy & Marine Corps – SMART transcript
- U.S. Air Force – Community College of the Air Force transcript
- U.S. Coast Guard – U.S. Coast Guard Institute transcript
Service members who left the military before 1986 can submit a a notarized DD Form 214 for credit evaluation in lieu of the above transcripts.
Accelerated programs are offered online and on-site at the Quantico Education Center for the Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration.
Military Student Key Contacts
If you are planning to use your GI Bill benefits, please contact the following staff members once you begin the enrollment process:
Military Affairs Officer
Janet L. Roberson
Phone: (434) 791-5891
Fax: (434) 791-7181
VA School Certifying Official / Senior Student Financial Services Counselor
Phone: (434) 791-5665
Fax: (434) 791-5647