How it Works:
- First, reach out to email@example.com to let us know you need a tutor and provide the course information.
- Next, we will reach out with a tutor’s name and a link to his/her/their acuity link in order for you to set up an appointment.
- Clink on the link and follow the steps to complete the intake form and set up an appointment with the tutor.
- All appointments are held via Zoom. If you are unfamiliar with zoom and have not setup a free account, not to worry, it’s a quick process and it’s totally free!
- Be sure you are using your Averett email as your Zoom appointment details will be sent to your Averett email.
- If you run into problems and at the last minute find difficulty getting on, go to: https://averett.zoom.us/
- Enter the meeting ID from your appointment reminder from your email.
We do ask that you keep the following in mind while utilizing our Tutoring services.
Tutors expect that you will…
- Come prepared with all necessary materials (i.e. class notes, assignment guidelines, textbooks, writing drafts, flash drive, calculator, etc.).
- Be as specific as possible about what you are hoping to achieve in the tutoring session. Ask questions and listen to suggestions.
- Attempt your homework on your own before bringing it to a tutor to help; a tutor cannot do your work for you.
You can expect that tutors will…
- Be punctual, supportive, and professional.
- Answer questions to the best of their abilities.
- Work with you but not for you.
- Offer a positive attitude and be respectful of your diverse perspective and learning style.
Interested in becoming a tutor?
Please send an interest email to Ashley S Patterson at apatterson@Averett.edu.