My name is Lyle Cady. I have an undergraduate degree in microbiology from Rutgers College.
- First position was as a production supervisor in a pharmaceutical company.
- Awarded MS in Biology from Seton Hall University. This degree and all subsequent degrees were obtained while working full time.
- Worked in the research and quality laboratories for L’Oreal and Nabisco and eventually became the laboratory director for a division of Nabisco
- Awarded MBA in Finance from New York University
- Started career in the laboratory equipment industry.
- Started as a product manager. Positions held included sales manager, marketing manager, VP sales and marketing, VP operations and president. I was president and COO of an international laboratory equipment company until we sold the company to Thermo Fisher and I retired to the outer banks of North Carolina. I earned a doctorate in International Business. I have taught as an adjunct professor since 2000 and have been a full-time faculty member at Averett University since 2005, tenured with the rank of professor.
During my career I have been involved with executive and strategic management on an international scale as COO and have headed acquisition and new facility start up teams. I have managed operations in many countries. I find it rewarding to share experience with my students. In my spare time I like to fish and crab in the waters that surround the outer banks of North Carolina where I live with my wife and dog. I also own an apartment in NYC and like to visit to attend the theater mostly off Broadway. My five children are all on their own at this point. I look forward to sharing our experiences.