Keisha_Smith

Hello! My Name Is…

Hi, my name is Keisha Smith. I am a mother of two daughters, ages six and eight. I am a licensed physical therapist assistant at Friendship Health and Rehab in Roanoke, Va. I enjoy baking cakes and cupcakes for family and friends. At High Street Baptist Church in Roanoke, VA, I direct the youth choir, two youth praise dance teams and assist the Sunday School Superintendent by conducting programs.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?

My goal and motivation in obtaining my degree is to become more knowledgeable and to become a better employee for my company. I also wish to work towards climbing the corporate ladder for my current employer.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

The GPS program was very appealing and the partnership that Averett has with my job allowed school to be more affordable for me.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

Your learning experience is all what you make it to be. I also enjoy the flexibility in being able to complete my assignments at my own pace. I honestly wasn’t prepared for some of the math in the BSA 500 course however, I am using my resources wisely and utilizing the Averett tutoring service. I look forward to my tutoring session and learning more.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

Knowing that what I’m going through now is a temporary sacrifice for a permanent gain. Yes, the time I spend studying takes me away from things I enjoy however, once I’m done with the program I will be prepared to make career advancements.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

My anticipated date of graduation is spring 2020!

Read 3 Ways an MBA Online Can Help You Advance Professionally

Read 3 Ways an Accredited Online MBA Can Help You Advance Personally

Learn about our MBA Programs

Download MBA Requirements

Tags: , , ,