Matthew_Stolz

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Matt Stolz. I moved to Danville, Virginia from Milwaukee, Wisconsin before the summer of 2017. I currently am one of the assistant volleyball coaches for Averett. When I am not working or studying, I enjoy being with friends and watching sports.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?
My family has all earned a master’s degree, so it has always been a goal of mine to earn a master’s degree from a strong university. With an MBA from Averett, I know that I will be able to further my career opportunities in coaching and collegiate athletics.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I chose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program because I wanted the flexibility of working in collegiate athletics while being able to take classes online.

The variety and flexibility of scheduling was vital in my decision.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

A master’s degree from Averett University will help open new doors for my career by allowing me to continue to work in collegiate athletics.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

For future Averett students, I would suggest that students evaluate their schedules and figure out what times will work best for studying. While it may not always be consistent, having a plan on when to study is important. Additionally, no matter how challenging it can be, always stay positive and continue to work hard!

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

My motivation to obtain my degree comes from those around me. The people that I work with are all trying to earn their degree while gaining important work experience. Since we are all going through similar things in life, we have formed an incredible support group. I know that I can call any one of them and they will be there to help me if I need it. This is something that I am beyond thankful for.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

Averett University, December 2019

Read 3 Ways an MBA Online Can Help You Advance Professionally

Read 3 Ways an Accredited Online MBA Can Help You Advance Personally

Learn about our MBA Programs

Download MBA Requirements

Tags: , , ,