Katie_Whisenant

Hello! My Name Is…

Hi, My name is Katie Whisenant and I am a 30 year old living in a small town nobody has ever heard of in Southeast, Virginia, married to my best friend, Brandon. I practiced ultrasound clinically for a few years and then transitioned to a clinical medical sales roll a few years ago.  I haven’t looked back. I travel quite a bit for work so there’s nothing I enjoy more than just being at home with my family, friends and our dog, Des.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?    

I decided to finish my degree because I feel like your bachelors is kind of a basic or “necessity” in today’s world and it’s only going to get more competitive in the future.  I don’t want to look back one day and wish I had done it sooner.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I had a few friends that had gone through Averett and they highly recommended it. I actually looked at a few other Universities before settling on Averett and none of them were as helpful in getting me through the process of getting started. I felt like they were geared more towards college aged kids who were not working full time while also trying to finish their degrees.

The process of applying to Averett and getting started was extremely easy and I loved that my courses were laid out for me from the beginning. I know exactly what I’m taking from now until graduation.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

I am still somewhat early in my courses with Averett but in the future I plan on using my degree to help with career advancement opportunities within my company that require a bachelor’s degree.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

Just do it! The time is going to pass anyway so you might as well get started!

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

With each class that comes to a close, I feel more and more accomplished and I know that I am making good use of my time.  Just knowing that in the future, there is potential for growth and more opportunities is enough motivation for me!

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

Averett University, December 2019

Read 6 Reasons Why Now is the Perfect Time to Earn Your BBA Degree

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: , , ,