Maricelis_Cintron

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Maricelis Cintron. I am a single mother of a 7-year-old daughter that keeps me very busy. I currently work as a Compliance Analyst for a big Medical Organization and have been in the same field for over 10 years. When I am not at work or doing homework, I enjoy watching movies, going to local eateries, and traveling.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?

My motivation for obtaining my degree at Averett has been my daughter, family, and the support of the Averett staff.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I chose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program because of the flexibility. As a working adult, we face a lot of challenges but this program has made it so I can juggle everything and still get my school work done.

As a working adult, we face a lot of challenges but this program has made it so I can juggle everything and still get my school work done.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

My degree has helped me obtain a better paying job within my field and I am hopeful that obtaining my Masters can help me to get further in my career.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

The advice I would share for new or current students is to ask for help. The professors, admissions counselors and student advisors are there to help you get where you need to be. I often reached out to the admission advisor and she helped me tremendously. I would also add to manage your time wisely. It is hard work but well worth it at the end.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program? 

My daughter keeps me motivated to stay on track. I initially went just to get my bachelors but at the last minute decided to obtain my masters. Throughout my college years, I have come to realize that I am able to do anything I set my mind to.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

My anticipated date of graduation will be in December 2018!

Read 3 Ways an MBA Online Can Help You Advance Professionally

Read 3 Ways an Accredited Online MBA Can Help You Advance Personally

Learn about our MBA Programs

Download MBA Requirements

Tags: ,