tabitha_mayo_headshot

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Tabitha Mayo, and I’m pursuing my MBA at Averett University. I am currently a Business Manager at a nursing facility. I’m married, and I have three daughters, a son-in-law, and a fur baby. I enjoy reading, flowers, and spending time with my family.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?

I believe the degree will make me more appealing to prospective employers, and will give me a positive edge. It will increase my chances of advancing in my career. My motivation for obtaining my degree at Averett University is to become more qualified in my field, gain a more competitive edge, and to achieve success.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I chose Averett because my daughter is pursuing her undergraduate degree there. When we visited, and met with various members of the staff, I was really encouraged. Everyone was so pleasant, and so helpful! It was a great experience, and had everything to do with my choice.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

My studies have aided me in my career by refreshing subjects that I haven’t studied in years. Interacting online with other professionals has been a great experience, as well. Learning from their shared knowledge and experience has helped me tremendously.

Interacting online with other professionals has been a great experience, as well. Learning from their shared knowledge and experience has helped me tremendously.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

I would encourage incoming students to make sure they are disciplined and open to learning. It is very hard work, but the professors make it interesting and interactive, so it is worth the work! Self-discipline is a necessary trait for success!

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

The feeling that I am working so hard to make my life better motivates me to keep going and to work harder.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2019!

Read 3 Ways an MBA Online Can Help You Advance Professionally

Read 3 Ways an Accredited Online MBA Can Help You Advance Personally

Learn about our MBA Programs

Download MBA Requirements

Tags: , ,