In appreciation for the selfless, courageous work First Responders perform on a daily basis, Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies (GPS) has launched a scholarship campaign developed specifically for this elite group of professionals. Averett is offering a $1,000 scholarship to EVERY First Responder who applies to the GPS program during the month of May 2018.*
Averett is offering a $1,000 scholarship to EVERY First Responder who applies to the GPS program during the month of May 2018.
DID YOU KNOW?
- A fire department responds to a fire every 24 seconds.
- 64% of fire department responses in 2015 were medical aid responses requiring First Responders and the use of ambulances, EMS, and rescue squads.
- Emergency Medical Services personnel treat 22 million patients a year.
- An estimated 240 million calls are made to 9-1-1 in the U.S. each year.
It’s clear that while all parties involved in the rescue, recovery, medical care, and rehabilitation of survivors of traumatic experiences are important, it’s the First Responders:
- who arrive at the scenes before anyone else,
- who must make immediate and appropriate decisions confidently and carefully, and
- who must remain calm and focused despite what they see and what they are called to do in that rescue moment.
Get your Master’s, Bachelor’s, or Associate degree in Business, Education, Nursing, Leadership, or Sociology & Criminal Justice. Or, learn at your own pace with our IDEAL program. All of our programs are accredited, accelerated and affordable.
So, whether you are a deputy sheriff, a police officer, a firefighter, a fire medic, a paramedic, a rescuer, or any other professional who serves as a First Responder and who has been considering going back to school to earn your degree, there is no better time to do that than right now.
*To embrace this $1,000 First Responder Scholarship, you must APPLY to the program within the month of May 2018 and then start your academic program within twelve months of being awarded the scholarship. While all First Responder applicants in May are eligible for this scholarship, it cannot be used in conjunction with any other institutional-provided discount or scholarship.
Click the button below to fill out a form to contact an Admissions Counselor.
Or, if you’re ready to apply to Averett, click here:
If you would like to help First Responders who are interested in going back to college, use the social media links below to share this post.