Bachelor of Science in Nursing: RN to BSN Completion Track
Move up the nursing career ladder with Averett University’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN): Registered Nurse (RN) to BSN Completion Track. This online continuing education program, conducted in a caring, relationship-focused environment, will help you progress toward an administrative career in one of healthcare’s most crucial fields.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Averett University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Goals and Course Topics
The U.S. healthcare system desperately needs leadership from experienced nurse managers. Specialty certifications such as the American Organization of Nurse Executives
(AONE) Certified Nurse Manager and Leader (CNML) are highly valued in magnet hospitals. After completing the RN to BSN track at Averett, you’ll be highly prepared to sit for the CNML exam and take the next step in your nursing career.
- Exhibit a broad knowledge of the liberal arts and nursing science in utilizing critical thinking and decision making
- Use leadership skills to design improved healthcare models of care
- Incorporate evidence-based practice in the care of individuals, families, and groups
- Demonstrate excellence in information technology management skills to support delivery of safe, quality care globally
- Participate in the improvement of healthcare policy for diverse populations
- Apply enhanced communication and collaboration skills when working with interprofessional healthcare teams
- Apply the nursing process to promote, maintain and restore health for diverse populations and groups
- Apply the principles of ethical self-regulation and accountability
- Incorporate the knowledge gained from the art of nursing and nursing science to deliver compassionate nursing care
Who This Program Is For
The CNML credential is offered as a collaborative effort between the AONE Credentialing Center and the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) Certification Corporation. View eligibility requirements here.
Each year of experience is a minimum of 1,040 hours per year. The cost of this program is $300 for AONE or AACN members or $425 for non-members. Renewal fees are $200 for AONE or AACN members and $275 for non-members.
Request more information on our BSN: RN to BSN Completion Track and other graduate and professional studies programs.
Admissions requirements, transfer credit guidelines and graduate requirements are outlined in our GPS Catalog. An Admissions Counselor will help you order your official transcripts and Averett will pay the associated costs. We will evaluate your transcripts to determine the degree program for which you qualify.
"No matter how old you are, whether you have a family to attend to, Averett University programs are ideal for just about anyone."
- Angela Young, BSN '16Watch Testimonial
"What I like best is the affordability of the program and the online part of it - where I don't have to be in a classroom. I can do my work late at night or early in the morning or on my days off from work."
- Alyssa Abernathy, RN to BSN '16Watch Testimonial