Scott_Sparks

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Scott Sparks, and I am a 2000 graduate of Radford University (VA) with a B.S. in Criminal Justice. I have been a law enforcement officer for 17 years in both the State of Arizona and the Commonwealth of Virginia. I currently reside in the Richmond, Virginia-Metro area with my wife Ashley, our two Great Danes, Dewey and Tyson, and our cat Chief. We are expecting our first child in July of this year. In my spare time, I enjoy visiting friends and family, as well as collecting sports memorabilia.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?      

I have always had a desire to obtain a graduate degree and after 18 years, decided to do just that. My motivation for obtaining a MBA at Averett University is to not only further my current career, but to also to potentially start a second career later down the line.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

After speaking with a friend who obtained a MBA through Averett’s GPS Program, I started researching numerous accredited universities and their MBA programs. Having heard how Averett’s MBA program advanced his career and speaking with Averett’s faculty and staff, my decision on where to further my education was an easy one.

Having heard how Averett’s MBA program advanced [my friend’s] career and speaking with Averett’s faculty and staff, my decision on where to further my education was an easy one.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS program?

Between our professional and personal lives, our time is very precious.  My advice to current and incoming students in Averett’s GPS Program is to dedicate a small amount of time daily to your school work. This way, it does not pile up and makes managing all aspects of your daily life much easier.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

The end result and knowing the doors that this program will open in the future has been my motivation so far during the program.  It does not come easy and you must make sacrifices to ensure you complete the work.  However, knowing what lies ahead keeps me motivated each week.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

With an anticipated graduation date of August of 2019, I plan to continue taking it a week at a time and take advantage of the wealth of knowledge that Averett’s faculty and staff possess.

Read 3 Ways an MBA Online Can Help You Advance Professionally

Read 3 Ways an Accredited Online MBA Can Help You Advance Personally

Learn about our MBA Programs

Download MBA Requirements

Tags: , , , , , , ,