denise_williams

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

I decided to go to graduate school a few years ago after realizing I wanted to do more — more for my students, more for myself, and more for education in general. This was the first step in beginning my Master of Education in Administration and Supervision.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?

I chose Averett’s GPS program because it afforded me the ability to pursue my degree while still working full time. Online courses allowed me to collaborate with others in my field while completing my coursework. I also liked the ability to focus on one course at a time, giving it my full concentration.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students.

The most important advice I would give to any new or incoming student is to utilize the resources made available by Averett. There are multiple opportunities which make the learning process easier, including the professors. Don’t be afraid to reach out, your success is Averett’s success as well!

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

Keeping motivated is perhaps one of the most difficult things to do for anyone. Life happens, and we all struggle at times. My classmates became my support system. We were a team, working together toward a common goal so we could relate to each other and encourage one another. We kept each other going through positive, encouraging words, and sometimes even similar complaints.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

I am graduating on December 9, 2017. I am beyond excited to both graduate and meet my fellow cohort members and professors as we celebrate the day together. I am thankful to have had this opportunity and appreciate everyone who played a part in helping me reach this achievement.

Learn more about our Master of Education program

Download Master of Education Requirements

Tags: