What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

Besides making myself more marketable in the job market, my biggest motivation for obtaining by degree is my 3 children. Neither of my parents, my grandparents nor my great-grandparents have received a college degree. None of my aunts or uncles have college degrees. I felt a strong need to break this cycle for myself and for my children. I needed to set the example that education is important. And it is never too late to strive for greatness. A very good friend of mine was attending Averett and referred me. I was nervous about signing up at first. Once I met with the Averett advisor, there was no turning back for me.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?

I chose Averett GPS Program because I wanted to learn and network with other adult learners like myself. I also like the face to face interaction with the teachers as well as the option to complete classes online when necessary.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students:

Believe in yourself, that you can accomplish your educational goals while balancing your personal, family, and work life. Keep looking forward and never give up.

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

My loving and supportive husband and my children help me to remain motivated and pushing forward.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2017

Read 3 Ways an MBA Online Can Help You Advance Professionally

Read 3 Ways an Accredited Online MBA Can Help You Advance Personally

Learn about our MBA Programs

Download MBA Requirements

Tags: , , ,