jessika head shot, mba student

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

Obtaining my MBA degree is a challenge I have accepted for personal growth, with the hope to continue to positively impact the community I reside in. I have a passion to educate others and an eagerness for knowledge. The courses in the program have introduced me to priceless administrative skills that are relevant in the world of business.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?

Initially, the positive comments made by others who attended or worked for AU motivated me to call. I appreciated getting all my questions and concerns answered clearly by the admissions counselor. I chose Averett’s GPS program because of the class format, which allows students to take one class at a time and complete the program in about 2 years. I love that this format allows working adults like myself to create a balance of employment, family life, and continuing education.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students:

A tip that I would like to share with fellow and future AU students is to build connections while in the program. When you are feeling unmotivated, remember there are other classmates who are likely able to relate to those experiences. These contacts can possibly offer some advice on getting through a rough period you are facing.

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

My desire for personal growth keeps me motivated in the program. Making a schedule and breaking tasks into smaller ones has been helpful. The professors at AU have been doing great at holding students accountable and demonstrating that they have high expectation for those enrolled in the program.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2019

Read 3 Ways an MBA Online Can Help You Advance Professionally

Read 3 Ways an Accredited Online MBA Can Help You Advance Personally

Learn about our MBA Programs

Download MBA Requirements

Tags: , , , , , ,