The Commonwealth of Virginia has 11 criminal justice academies that provide training for more than 85 percent of the state’s law enforcement officers. Averett University is proud to be the only educational institution in Virginia with education partnership agreements with every single one. That means you can transfer credits earned at an academy to help you earn a Bachelor of Science in Sociology and Criminal Justice degree at Averett University. Adding a degree to your resume can help you stand out to current and future employers, prepare you for promotions to supervisory or administrative roles and position you for federal and other law enforcement jobs requiring a bachelor’s degree.
Averett University salutes these fine training academies and the work they do to keep us safe!
1. Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy
2. Central Shenandoah Regional Criminal Justice Academy
3. Crater Criminal Justice Academy
4. New River Criminal Justice Training Academy
5. Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy
6. Piedmont Regional Criminal Justice Training Academy
7. Prince William County Police Department Criminal Justice Academy
8. Rappahannock Regional Criminal Justice Academy
9. Roanoke City Police Academy
10. Roanoke County Criminal Justice Academy
11. Skyline Regional Criminal Justice Academy
An Averett University admissions counselor can tell you more about all our education partnerships and how to transfer credits. We’re here to help!