“Plan ahead” may not be the most exciting piece of advice you’ll ever get, but you can’t deny it works. With a new semester right around the corner, it’s time to lay the groundwork for success. If you feel like there are too many things on your to-do list already, just pick two or three that will make the biggest difference in your life.
- Make new semester goals. Push yourself to up your grades, log more study time or take procrastination out of your vocabulary.
- Buy what you need. Check your class description to see what supplies, books and materials you’ll need. Stock up before day one.
- Refresh your study space. A change of scenery can be a real motivator. Rearrange the furniture, hang a new picture or change your screensaver to give your study space a new look.
- Do a little maintenance on you. Get your flu shot, plan a new workout or meal routine or tweak your sleep schedule to take better care of your health.
- Tune your technology. Take care of aggravations like slow Internet speed or a touchy mouse that can distract you from your schoolwork.
- Vow to connect. Plan to connect with fellow students and Averett faculty to get the support you need and build a network that can benefit you for years to come.
- Look ahead. We know it’s early, but if you think now about what happens at the end of the semester, it’s more likely to happen. Pencil in a vacation, start updating your resume or make a list of post-graduation dream jobs.
Just about every Averett University student will tell you planning ahead is one piece of advice you can’t ignore. Start now for next semester; we promise you’ll be glad you did!