Lyndsay_Thorne_and_her_husband

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Lyndsay Thorne and I was born and raised in Danville. I have been happily married to my husband, Robert, for 13 years. We have a 9 year old son, Wesley. I currently manage the pediatric department of PATHS in Danville. We enjoy spending our time in Florida on the gulf coast and I really enjoy watching my son play baseball and golf.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?

My motivation was my son. I started college in 1998 immediately after I graduated high school and I never finished due to my father’s terminal illness. I want to show my son that hard work pays off and that college is very important in today’s society and you are never too old to finish!

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I chose Averett for my GPS program after hearing all the wonderful accommodations for working mothers like myself. I work a full-time job and being a mother is another full-time job. After hearing from Dr. Hodgson how easy this would be, I was convinced that I was destined to finish my degree with Averett University!

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

I am hoping my degree from Averett will help me be a better manager at my job. I have learned so much already about myself and how I conduct business. This degree will be an added bonus in my career.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

Don’t be afraid! I was terrified and learned quickly that there was nothing to be afraid of or intimidated by! Everyone is so helpful and kind. My transition has been effortless! I absolutely love the GPS program!

Everyone is so helpful and kind. My transition has been effortless! I absolutely love the GPS program!

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

My motivation is my son and husband. They are my biggest support system along with my other family members. All of my family and friends rallied around me when I announced my plans to finish college! I have an amazing support system in place and that is very helpful!

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

Anticipated Graduation: December 2019

Learn about our Criminal Justice & Sociology Programs

Tags: , , ,