Sherlon_Ligon

Hello! My Name Is…

Hi My Name is Sherlon Ligon-Ayala. I currently work for the Federal Government at the US Department of Housing and Development for over 30 years! I have been married going on 12 years and have two children. My son attends Valdosta State University and my daughter is in middle school.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?    

My motivation for obtaining my degree at Averett University was my family. I wanted to show my children that it can be done. After losing my parents when I was in High School my motivation to attend college was not there, I went to college but did not apply myself. As I got older and began to heal I wanted to go back to school to get my degree to be able to apply for advancement positions at my job.

Then when I had my children, I felt like I can’t say what they needed to do if I did not follow in my own footsteps, so here I am creating footprints in the sand.  My husband and children are very proud of me and keep me focused on my end goal and that is graduation!

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I chose Averett University because it was a great school that offered working people an opportunity to attend school according to their schedule.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

Averett Professional Studies Program offered me a degree in Business Administration and are providing me skills in these courses that I can use at work and my home life.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

I would encourage students to choose a major that you are truly passionate about, you have to love what you are learning, know what your goals are, remain focused, and keep your eye on the prize.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

My family keeps me motivated and I actually love the courses that I am taking.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

I look forward to seeing my family and friends as I am walking across that stage with pride in May 2019!

Read 6 Reasons Why Now is the Perfect Time to Earn Your BBA Degree

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: , , ,