Vanessa_Galloway

Hello! My Name Is…

Hello, my name is Vanessa Galloway. I am married with two children. My job title is Purchasing Technician ll and I have been employed with Suffolk Public Schools for 15 years. My hobbies are singing and drawing. I am a member of a professional gospel ensemble “Second Chance” and I occasionally use my artistic ability to draw which I acquired from my Mother.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?

My motivation for obtaining my degree at Averett is that some time in the future, I will be an alumni of this great institution.

An example I am setting for my daughter is that education is and always will be the key to success. It is not always when you graduate but that you graduate.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I chose Averett University’s Graduate and Professional Studies program because the school came highly recommended to me by an alumnus and I was instantly impressed with all the qualities and advantages it has to offer its full time employed students.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

A Sociology/Criminal Justice degree from Averett will improve my marketability and increase my future earning capacity.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

I would share to current and incoming students that in order for their college career to run smoothly, as well as successful, it is important to communicate with faculty/professors. I would also advise them to keep in touch with their Student Success Coach and periodically check their financial status.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

I would have to say that little voice that says, “You can do this…you’re a Cougar now,” is what motivates me daily.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

My anticipated date of graduation is 2021.

Learn about our Sociology and Criminal Justice Programs

Download BSCJ Requirements

Tags: , , ,