Kristin_Lamarra

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Kristin Lamarra. I have been an employee of Prince William County Schools since 2013. Next year I will be teaching 7th grade Mathematics for Students with Learning Disabilities. In the past I have taught 6th for Students with Autism, and 6th grade Mathematics for Students with Learning Disabilities.

I graduated from Millersville University (2009) with my B.S. in Elementary Education. I graduated from Arcadia University (2012) with my M.Ed in Special Education.

I am married and have a 2-year-old son, and a dog. I enjoy cooking, baking, crafting and just being outside with my family.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?

My principal at my last school, and mentor through this program, has been a true motivation to me. She gave me the last shove to finally start looking at programs. I always knew that I wanted to go into Administration because I felt as though I could have a bigger impact on kids. I consider myself to be a true advocate for children, and want all the students I come in contact with to have access to the education they deserve.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

Averett’s program was attractive to me because it was all online and I still got the course work I needed to pursue a career in Administration. This program has allowed me to go to school and still focus on my career and my family.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

I haven’t received it yet. But, going through the program, I have been able to meet and talk with people in my county I wouldn’t have been able to.

The hands-on experience of this program has helped me to learn so much.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

The GPS program is designed for those who are self-motivated. We have several instructors who have been wonderful, supportive motivators. This program fit me perfectly because I am self-motivated and like having control over my education. Also, if you have a question, ask! If something isn’t fitting you, as a student, there are plenty of people willing to help.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

My students, my family, my desire to improve myself.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

Averett University, December 2018

Learn about our M.Ed. Programs

Download M.Ed. Requirements

Tags: , , ,