Chad_Overby

Hello! My Name Is…

Hello, I’m Chad Overby, I work for Essex Bank as a Loan Documentation Specialist. I have earned a Bachelors in Business Administration.

What made you decide to pursue your degree as an adult?

I didn’t have the means to go when I was younger and wanted to pursue a degree for career advancement.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

My wife attended Averett through the GPS program and earned her bachelors and then her Masters. I heard only good things about the school and the program fit into my busy schedule.

How was your experience interacting with the Averett team?

Everyone was very helpful through the entire process from admission to graduation. The staff and faculty were always willing to help and were very knowledgeable.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

My advice is don’t putt off until tomorrow what you can do today. It is possible to achieve your goals. It may not always be easy and sacrifices will have to be made, but YOU CAN DO IT!

What kept you motivated while in your degree program? 

I was motivated by my daughter, I want her to be able to look at her Dad and be proud of me. At graduation it was all worth it when she gave me a big hug and kiss and said “Daddy you won!!”

Read 6 Reasons Why Now is the Perfect Time to Earn Your BBA Degree

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: ,