Angela_Mills

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Angela Mills, and I am pursuing my Bachelor of Business Administration at Averett University. Prior to that I received an Associate Degree in Computer Information Systems from Bryant and Stratton College. I am currently a Customer Service Representative for a logistics company. I have a son and a grandson whom I enjoy spending time with.  I also enjoy reading, learning new things, shopping, and spending time with friends and family when the time allows.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?    

I believe having a degree will help me advance my career and be more qualified for jobs with potential employers. I feel that it will allow me to be marketable for jobs suitable to my degree and have more options available to me. Having a degree will give me an edge and become more successful in my chosen field. Employers look for college graduates that have the education and skills needed that will add to their talent of employees.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I chose Averett after working on a government contract and was interested in making a career out of it however I needed the education. After talking to one of the Managers there, they suggested that I look into Averett University. I reached out to them and the process was so easy and pleasant. I was encouraged and motivated by the staff which helped me through the admission process and after that it has been smooth sailing.

I was encouraged and motivated by the staff which helped me through the admission process and after that it has been smooth sailing.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

My studies have helped me in my career by learning new skills in management and other subjects that I haven’t studied in a very long time. Being able to interact with the other students and staff has helped me at being more open minded to certain things. It also allows me to better manage time and prioritize things as well.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

The advice that I would give current and incoming students is to be disciplined and willing to put the time and effort in their studies. The university staff is there and willing to help when there is a need. The professors will interact with you as well as your fellow classmates if you need help and keep you encouraged. I am trying to encourage my son to finish his degree at Averett University as well.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

The thought that once I complete this degree the sky’s the limit for me. It will help me live a better and more meaningful life. That is my greatest motivation to work hard and put my best foot forward.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2019!

Read 6 Reasons Why Now is the Perfect Time to Earn Your BBA Degree

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: , ,