Lisa_Robertson

Hello My Name Is…

My name is Lisa Robertson. I am 48 years old and a nursing assistant at Riverside Health & Rehabilitation Center. I have worked for this company for 18 years. I graduated with my Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration from University of Phoenix in 2017. My sister and I graduated at the same time from there. Now, we are going to Averett together for the same curriculum. I have been married for 28 years and have a 25-year-old daughter. I love to watch WWE wrestling every week and take care of my dog, Oreo.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?    

I want to obtain a career in the field of Sociology/Criminal Justice. I think that it is an interesting career. And doing it all with my sister by my side. We keep each other focused by going over each other’s assignments and proofreading for errors.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I chose Averett because it is a local university, close to home and it is flexible with my work schedule. I have one class at a time and it doesn’t interfere with my full-time and part-time jobs. If I have a problem, then the university is only 10 minutes from my house. I also have gotten great reviews from past students about the program.

I have one class at a time and it doesn’t interfere with my full-time and part-time jobs.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

I haven’t received my degree yet. I hope to work in the social services department with my company upon graduation.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

Do your assignments and submit them on time, use all of the available resources they have, and let your advisors, instructors, or staff know if you have any problems before it’s too late. Stay focused and never give up because there are going to be many obstacles in your path.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

My sister and I are in the Sociology/Criminal Justice program at Averett together. She’s in the IDEAL Program and I am in the GPS Program. We motivate each other to do well on our assignments and stay ahead with our assignments. We help each other with homework and studying.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

Averett University, Class 2020

Learn about our Sociology and Criminal Justice Program

Download BSCJ Requirements

Tags: