Jessica_Dixon

Hello! My Name Is…

Hello. My name is Jessica Dixon. I have been in Danville, VA my whole life. I received my education in county schools. I’m a mother of 2 handsome boys Davon and Dezmon who bring so much joy to my life each and every day. I’m employed at Nestle here in Danville, VA. I’ve been employed at Nestle since October 2016.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?    

My children are my motivation for obtaining my degree. I want to set the right example for them, and let them know that whatever they set their mind to do, they can do it, and I’ll always be their biggest supporter. I also like to challenge myself, and set goals for myself. I have set my mind on getting my degree and I will not stop until I follow through with my number one goal.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I’ve always heard great things about Averett University. I know a few students that attend Averett, and that have also graduated from here. So I decided this is the school for me. Business is the program that I decided to pursue here at Averett. I was excited to find out that Averett offered great online classes, and that is very convenient for me being a 3rd shift worker and raising my children.

I was excited to find out that Averett offered great online classes, and that is very convenient for me being a 3rd shift worker and raising my children.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

I plan on moving up in my career at Nestle with my degree. I would like to work in our Human Resources department. I’ve always liked to help people with anything they may have questions or concerns about.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

Stay motivated. Stay focused. Follow through with all your goals. Always stay positive.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

Knowing that all of the hard work is going to pay off. I just want to be able to show my children that all things are possible if you keep your mind set on all the right things.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2019!

Read 6 Reasons Why Now is the Perfect Time to Earn Your BBA Degree

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: , ,