Yarnetta_Sellers

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Yarnetta Sellers. I have been employed at BWXT for almost 17 years, and I’ve been a supervisor for 7 years. I’ve been married to a wonderful man for 12 years, and together we have 4 children and 4 grandchildren. My hobbies are reading, watching movies with Denzel Washington and Michael Ealy. I love traveling with the hubby and every 2 years we do a big family vacation (we cruise). I’m a big basketball fan, my favorite team is the Golden State Warriors and Stephen Curry is my favorite player.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?   

My motivation for obtaining my degree was December 16 of 2015 I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer, and I also wanted to be an inspiration to my children and grandchildren that no matter what happens in life, never give up on your dreams. I was unable to attend college after high school, then my family came along, and my dreams were put on hold, so I wanted to get my college degree as a personal accomplishment.

I was unable to attend college after high school, then my family came along, and my dreams were put on hold, so I wanted to get my college degree as a personal accomplishment.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

When having a conversation with one of our HR representatives, she suggested the program.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

As of now, it has allowed me to apply for jobs within the company. 

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

The program has been great for my working schedule, and the professors are easy to communicate with.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

What keeps me motivated is my determination to show my children and grandchildren you can accomplish anything in life if you’re willing to do the work.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2020!

Read 6 Reasons Why Now is the Perfect Time to Earn Your BBA Degree

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: , ,