Denise_Garland

Hello! My Name Is…

Hi, my name is Denise Garland! I’m a single mother to 4 wonderful children. My occupation is a Store Manager at a local MetroPCS store in Danville, Va. I use most of my free time reading books, listening to music, dancing, and spending quality time with my family.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?      

I’m pursuing my degree in Business Management for a better job opportunity and to become more knowledgeable in my field.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

The GPS program was my choice for many reasons, including the fact that it’s convenient with my scheduling.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS program?

My advice to people that are looking for second chances is: don’t be afraid, never give up, you are not alone. The GPS program helped me believe in second chances.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

My family is my biggest motivation to pursuing my dreams and becoming the perfect role model. To have them understand that it’s never too late to accomplish your goals.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

At the end of my journey of success, I will accomplish one of my goals the same year my oldest daughter graduates High School and starts her new journey as an adult. The year 2021 will be a year to remember!

Read 6 Reasons Why Now is the Perfect Time to Earn Your BBA Degree

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: , , , , , ,