jennifer_owen

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

When my daughters were in elementary school, which was about twelve years ago, I decided I wanted to help children be as successful as possible in school. I’ve had many roles in our school system since then, from PTA President to Substitute Teacher, and now Special Education Teacher. Every transition was made with the idea that I could be more effective in my new role. Pursuing this Master’s in Education in Administration and Supervision will be the next role in my quest for having the most influence on student outcomes.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?      

I chose Averett’s GPS Program because of the way classes are structured. Teaching full time, marriage and parenting my girls takes a lot of time and energy and this program gives me the flexibility that I need to be able to complete my schoolwork successfully and on time with minimal stress.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students.

You can do this! The support from the Averett Staff is amazing and the program is very manageable!

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

There are several things that keep me motivated, but my biggest cheerleaders are my husband, my daughters, and my father. I’m also highly motivated to finish this program so that I can be the leader I know I’m meant to be.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2019

Learn about our M.Ed. Program

Download M.Ed. Requirements

Tags: , , , ,