angela_wilcher

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

My motivation for earning my degree comes from my mother. At my age (35) she was raising two children and working just like I am. I decided when I had my daughter that I wanted to better myself and create a solid foundation for my little girl. I had made several attempts at getting a degree and failed. I was determined this time would be different. I started out by earning my general studies and decided I wanted to build on my experience in management. This is when I decided I wanted to go above retail and Restaurant Management, so I decided on Human Resources. My kids and my husband keep me motivated to reach my goal of finally walking across the stage and getting my degree.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?      

I researched many colleges offering Business Programs, and many of them weren’t tailored for my lifestyle. The GPS program has been perfect for me because I can work, go to school and be with my kids. I would recommend the GPS program to anyone who wants to achieve their goals with a busy lifestyle.

I would recommend the GPS program to anyone who wants to achieve their goals with a busy lifestyle.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students.

Don’t settle for less than what you are capable of. Set your goals and follow through. Have a support system and know you can do anything you set your mind too. Be your own success story.

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

My desire to achieve my goals and giving my son and daughter a good life. My husband is also my biggest fan, and keeps me going when I feel like giving up.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2019

Read 6 Reasons Why Now is the Perfect Time to Earn Your BBA Degree

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: , , , ,