Tonia_Peters

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

I have a few motivating factors for obtaining my degree. First, it is something I have always wanted to accomplish and now I want to prove to my son that you can do whatever you set your mind to. Second, I’ve been blessed with an amazing job where my degree will be valuable as well as allow for room to advance later in my career.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?

I applied and was accepted to Averett and another University. They were very similar programs that would have meet my educational and spiritual needs. The decision could have been hard to make but Averett exceeded all my expectations. During the acceptance process, all the way to starting my first class there was constant communication with a physical person. The other University never bothered to contact me by phone except with automated calls. I have been very pleased with my decision thus far.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students:

Always read your syllabus and plan ahead. You will be most successful when planning your school assignments into your daily or weekly schedule instead of cramming it all in before they are due. Also, remember to have work, life, and school balance. Don’t forget to incorporate downtime for yourself!

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

I have friends and family that cheer me on and allow me to talk about what I’m learning. Also, the professors are very engaged and give wonderful feedback and encouragement along the way. Keeping my eyes on the prize and remembering why I wanted to obtain my degree.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2021

Read 6 Reasons Why Now is the Perfect Time to Earn Your BBA Degree

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: , , ,