Allison selfie, online BBA student

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

I joined the Marine Corps directly out of high school, and although I feel accomplished, I was a bit jealous of all of my high school peers who have completed or are close to completing their degrees. I was a top 10% student in high school so I always knew I would continue my education at some point and I am very excited to finally be taking that step in my life.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?

I chose Averett because I have always heard great things about this program from fellow Marines. A previous leader of mine told me about the program he had graduated from and I knew it was for me. Averett is very flexible in working with my schedule as there are times when I have to take time off to focus on serving my country and they never penalize me for that.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students:

Always do your best to remain focused and keep your eyes on the goal. Although some peers I had have already graduated from college, some haven’t even made it through the doors. So continuously be proud of yourself for even taking this step to continue your education.

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

My motivation comes from my love of learning. The two years I took off of school it seemed like I would never be able to go back again. But when I finally took that step I can’t explain the excitement I felt for myself and I think always remembering that excitement I felt from the beginning is what keeps me going.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2020

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: ,