headshot of phelice brown, online mba degree program student

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

Obtaining my degree has always been something I have wanted to do. I am the first person in my immediate family to obtain a college degree. I received my undergrad in May of 2016 from Averett and after much encouragement from some of my professors and my two adult daughters I enrolled in Averett’s graduate program.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?  

I chose Averett because the GPS program was doable, and I could complete my undergrad within two or two and a half years. It was not easy but I managed, and finally receiving my degree was one of the greatest feelings I have ever experienced.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students:

The one takeaway I received from my experience in the Averett GPS program is it’s not always going to be easy, but the outcome will be well worth it. Just remember the goal you have set for yourself and work at achieving it one class at a time! 🙂

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

The thing that keeps me motivated in the program is knowing that I have started a trend within my family. Since I received my degree, my oldest daughter has enrolled in a GPS undergraduate program here at Averett, and my youngest daughter will graduate in May 2017 from a phlebotomist program she is enrolled in, and she is already trying to figure out what her next educational venture will be.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

My anticipated graduation date is May 2018, and I am so looking forward to that day!

Learn about our MBA Programs

Download MBA Requirements

Tags: