jakesha-saunders

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

My motivation for obtaining my degree is the passion I have to help others in my community. Once I realized my purpose in life is to help others and make a difference in my community this degree was exactly what I needed to prepare me for the road ahead.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?

I honestly didn’t choose the program, the program chose me, which to me was an awesome sign that I was on the right track of living out my purpose. This program that magically ended up in my mailbox helped me to become a better and more prepared leader than I was before. This program has taught me how to handle and resolve conflict, how to work respectfully with others, and how a good leader is to be of service to others first. Most important it has taught me that my mistakes are not failures when you have a purpose but instead your mistakes are an opportunity for improvement and will eventually lead you to your greatest success.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students:

I would have to say prayer and persistence is key. When no one else is there to motivate you, motivate yourself and remember why you decided to further your education. If you don’t know something ask someone that does. I found that the Averett staff is always available and will lead you in the right direction. Most of all don’t give up; see it through to the end.

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

What keeps me motivated is my Faith in God, my children, my fellow students, and my purpose in life.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2017!

Learn about our Bachelor of Applied Science

Download BAS Requirements

Tags: