diane-bradley online degree program student

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

I had been hoping for so long to obtain my bachelor’s after a very long, unfortunate delay. My motivation was to obtain my degree to help further my career. It just so happened that things changed in my life that allowed me to finally to be able to return to Averett and make that dream come true!

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?

I chose the GPS program because it was best suited to my schedule, as I work full time as the Operations Manager for a small company. And I was able to do my work around my home and work life.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students:

The best tip that I can offer is to never, ever give up on yourself. Be disciplined in your work and everything will fall into place. It took me many years to get to this point in my life and I am so excited to have accomplished obtaining my degree. For any future AU student, don’t ever think that a higher education is out of reach. AU made it possible for me and they provided the information and resources that helped to make good decisions to choose the path that suited me. Those decisions propelled me in the direction that I needed to successfully complete the courses and obtain my Bachelor’s degree!

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

My motivation came from knowing that I would finally complete my courses and get my degree! It also came from my classmates and instructors. The instructors were always available when I had questions or concerns and my classmates were a great source of help just when I needed it. We supported one another throughout each course assignment and I am very grateful to both my instructors and classmates. But I had another small reason that stayed in the back of my mind. My grandmother was an Alumni of Averett when it was an all-female college and I know she would be proud that her granddaughter will also become a part of that Alumni.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

Averett University, BBA Class of 2016!

Learn about our BBA Program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: