Take the first step toward a successful business career with an Associate of Science in Business Administration (AS) degree from Averett University. This 60-credit, online program offers both general education and foundational business administration courses.
Goals and Course Topics
This online associates degree program prepares graduates for entry-level staff and management opportunities. You will develop communication, critical thinking and mathematical reasoning skills as you explore topics including marketing, finance and accounting. You will gain theoretical knowledge, practical skills you can use at work and the academic background to pursue a bachelor’s degree in the future.
Through case studies and coursework, you’ll learn to translate theories into practical business applications. Course topics include:
- Professional communication – composition and speech
- Principles of micro- and macroeconomics
- Common business productivity software applications
- Principles of business management
- Principles of business law and ethics
- Accounting and finance basics
This is an online associates degree program and a 2-year business degree. You can expect it to take two years of full-time study if you do not have any prior college experience.
Who This Program Is For
Associates degree applicants should have either graduated from high school with official transcripts showing the equivalent of a 2.0 GPA, or hold a GED® with a score of 250 or higher on the paper-based test or 500 on the computer-based test.
A student may be exempt from submitting a high school transcript if one of the following conditions are met:
- The student has 12 or more transferable credits with a grade of “C” or better from a regionally accredited college or university and the transcript from the regionally accredited institution shows that the student was degree-seeking.
- Student is an active member or veteran of American armed forces.
We allow up to 36 transfer credits for this program. You may request an evaluation of college courses you have already completed.
Admissions requirements, transfer credit guidelines and graduate requirements are outlined in our GPS Catalog. An Admissions Counselor will help you order your official transcripts and Averett will pay the associated costs. We will evaluate your transcripts to determine the degree program for which you qualify.
"As I'm applying for new positions, I'm finding out how important it is to have a bachelor's degree. For almost every position I'm applying for, it's a requirement."
- Ken Buckley, ASB '17Watch Testimonial