After the holiday break, returning to class can often be difficult. One of the most challenging things students often face is establishing a study schedule with their new courses. At Averett, we are here to help with a few quick tips:
- Don’t Wait! – The first weeks of your class are the best time to establish an effective study schedule. Utilize your time wisely by determining your study schedule in the first week of classes, so you can maximize your potential this semester.
- Be Consistent! – Establishing a regular study schedule is important. Find a time in week where you have downtime consistently; this could be at work while on break, when your children are napping, or in the evenings after work.
- Trade Time, Never Steal It! – As busy adults, we know it can often be difficult to study as planned. If you miss your planned study session simply adjust your schedule for that week, rather than missing your study session for that week. This will allow you to make-up the missed session, so you can stay on top of your coursework!
- Be Flexible! – Life always throws us curveballs, especially as adults. Try to leave a few minutes open in your week for makeup study sessions or to review your material again. Weekend evenings are the perfect opportunity to makeup study time that may have been missed in the week, or to review your materials one extra time.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Reach Out! – At Averett, we are here to help. If you find it is difficult to establish a firm study routine, reach out to Ashley Patterson, Coordinator of Tutoring Operations for Averett Online or check out our Student Resources page for additional tips!