Congratulations! You made it through the application process and now it’s time to start college. This is a momentous occasion that you have worked incredibly hard for, but what now?
Going to college can be an exciting new journey, yet it can also be overwhelming at first. Many college experiences involve making substantial adjustments to your lifestyle, which can leave you feeling burdened by new responsibilities.
With Averett Online, there is no need to fear starting college! We offer an abundance of resources to help you get started and stay on track from the application process, all the way to graduation.
Here’s some advice to set you up for success!
- Organize your schedule. One of the most important aspects of college is keeping up with your assignment deadlines. There is nothing worse than forgetting about a paper until the night it’s due! To avoid this stress, invest in a planner or calendar on your phone where you can write down due dates and other assignments. You also want to determine a productive way to take notes and keep up with your work. Some students prefer hand-written notes, while others prefer typing them. Whatever your preference, stay organized so you don’t lose them during the semester.
- Time Management. Any commitment takes some level of sacrifice. You might have to give up watching your favorite TV show at night or taking that long bubble bath. Although Averett Online is flexible with your schedule, you still have to make time for your studies!
- Build healthy relationships with your classmates and professors. You don’t have to do college all by yourself. Averett’s faculty and staff are here to help you succeed in your educational journey. If you’re struggling in classes or in your personal life, reach out to your Averett family. Everyone experiences obstacles while pursuing a degree but that doesn’t mean you have to quit. Perseverance is key!
- Do not neglect your well-being. While earning your degree is hard work and requires commitment, you still need to take care of yourself. Find time to engage in fun activities with friends and family to keep you balanced. Finding simple ways to relieve stress is effective, even while doing schoolwork. For example, try listening to relaxing instrumental music the next time you are studying for an exam.
- Remember why you started. Something motivated you to take the steps to begin college. Perhaps you wanted to advance your career or make a loved one proud. Don’t forget your “why” when in the midst of college. Every day won’t be easy, but every day will be worth it once you reach your goal.