Marcus_Johnson_Williams

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Marcus Johnson-Williams. I am currently a teacher in Virginia Beach Public Schools, and have been teaching for twenty years. I currently teach World History II at Landstown High School, and I have been here for ten years. I enjoy traveling, movies, and spending time with my wife and three children.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?

My motivation was my desire to affect greater change within the school community.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I chose Averett University because of its reputation as a great university, and the program’s flexibility in allowing me achieve my goal of obtaining my Masters in Education.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

It has made me a better educator, expand my professional capacity, and build new relationships.

Remember your “why”.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

You really have to plan your time, remember your “why”, and take ownership of everything you do.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

I think that motivation is fleeting. I really believe that I depended on my self-discipline to move me in the right direction. I used that discipline to take ownership of my actions and responsibilities. Without these two things, there is no leadership in my mind.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

May 2019

Learn about our M.Ed. Programs

Download M.Ed. Requirements

Tags: , , , , , ,