Haley_Morrison_BSCJ_Headshot

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Haley Morrison. I have been working as a full time Security Officer for Securitas Security Services Inc. in the Radial Holdings facilities since October 2016. I live with my stepmom, dad, and grandparents along with 2 dogs, 2 cats, a bearded dragon, and a fish. I love to attend hard rock/metal concerts and festivals and reptile conventions. I love to read, listen to music, and learn about and use my essential oils.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?

My motivation for obtaining my degree at Averett University is my aspiration to be a correctional treatment specialist or a correctional officer.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I chose Averett’s Graduate and Professional Studies Program as they were able to accept all of my credits from Patrick Henry Community College and the Averett GPS program online is amazing in that I am able to continue working full time and also spend time with my boyfriend, family, and friends. Before I became an Averett Cougar, I was terrified of going back to college to obtain my Bachelor’s Degree as I thought that any online program was going to be too strenuous to continue working and spending time with loved ones.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

My degree in Criminal Justice and Sociology from Averett University has assisted me in my career in that I am now more observant of the associates and their behaviors and know how to escalate situations a lot better than what I used to.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

The advice I’d share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS program is to never give up no matter how hard the situation. Always have perseverance! Never be afraid to ask questions about assignments or ask for help.

The Averett GPS program online is amazing in that I am able to continue working full time and also spend time with my boyfriend, family, and friends.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

What keeps me motivated while in my degree program is knowing how many opportunities I will have in the field of Criminal Justice and Sociology after obtaining my degree.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

2021

Learn about our Criminal Justice & Sociology Programs

Tags: , , , , ,