Danielle_Staub

Hello! My Name Is…

Hi! My name is Danielle Staub! I grew up in Boxford, Massachusetts and went to undergrad at Marietta College in Marietta, Ohio, where I received my bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism with minor in communications. During my time at Marietta, I played soccer and ran track. Following college, I worked in television news for about four years in both Ohio and Virginia. Then, I took the marketing and communications specialist position at Averett University. I’ve been working at Averett for more than two years now and I love it! When I’m not working I love the outdoors and spending time with my family and friends. It is highly likely that when you see me, I will have a 75-pound St. Bernard-Boxer mix by my side. His name is Rumble! 

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?

Once I switched out of broadcast news, I knew I needed a marketing degree to pursue public relations, marketing and communications in higher education. Averett offers a great opportunity for its employees who want to pursue their next degree, so I am able to balance working full time and my classes, with some serious time management and scheduling! 

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

The GPS program was a perfect fit for me. After working at Averett for a little over six months I felt like I could take on the tasks of classes and homework. I wanted to have that student-teacher interaction, so I decided to take classes on the ground. It has been a wonderful experience with not only the professors but the students in my class and through zoom. I can’t wait to meet all of them when we graduate! 

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

When I receive my MBA with a concentration in marketing I will for one, be able to help teach students at Averett through the Averett 101 classes. I also hope to use my master’s to adjunct teach in the marketing/communications field. 

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

If you think you can’t, you can! All it takes is a few, “No, I can’t do that tonight because I have homework.” Learn to balance your week with friends and school work and you will not be stressed! Don’t leave things to the last minute, it isn’t worth it. And make friends with your classmates! Having a friend to vent to or study with is always helpful. 

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

The support from my family and friends keeps me going. They understand that I am balancing a lot right now and when I have to say no, they understand. That’s what a true support system is all about! 

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

I should graduate in 2019! I can’t wait! 

Learn about our MBA Programs

Tags: , , ,