Joel_moore

Hello! My Name Is…

Hello, my name is Joel Moore. I am thirty-one years old and I am a Systems Engineer for one of largest beer companies in the world, Molson-Coors. I live in the Harrisonburg, VA area with my wonderful wife. We love to travel and enjoy hanging out with friends. I also enjoy playing guitar, yoga, golf, and skateboarding.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?    

My major motivation for obtaining my degree at Averett University is for my career. With a good career I can do all the things I enjoy doing. Also, the staff is really amazing and helpful too.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

Due to my lifestyle and schedule, the IDEAL program worked best for me. I am currently working on a B.S. in Computer Information Systems with Averett. I chose this program because it suits me and my career.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

I was able to get promoted to a Systems Engineer with my company by starting towards a B.S. in Computer Information Systems with Averett. The staff here at Averett sent my company a letter informing them that I will be working towards my degree and my company promoted me for it. So my career was being assisted before I even have the degree.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

Take as many classes as you can manage. Do not overload yourself. Get a good schedule going and do not fall behind on your class work. Discipline is key.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

The thought of having a degree that will allow me to move into even more exciting roles one day really keeps me motivated. Also, the idea of making more money so that I can do the things I want to.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

At the rate that I am going I should graduate by 2021.

Learn more about our IDEAL program

Request more information

Tags: , , ,