jacqueline_wilson

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Jacqueline Wilson. I have been married to my high school sweetheart going on 5 years now. We have a 6 month old baby who has kept us on our toes, while also discovering a new happiness. With such a busy schedule, I’ve unfortunately neglected hobbies, but I look forward to getting back into fitness, spending more time outdoors, and cooking!

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?

My motivation for obtaining my degree is all the hard work and sacrifice my parents have provided for my sister and I to have a better life. Doing so, has allowed me to build for my family and I in the years to come.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

My father-in-law attended Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program which led me to choose the GPS program. I knew I needed something to help me balance the many hats I wear (a mom, a wife, and a full time employer).

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

This degree will open up new doors in my career that I look forward to pursuing.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

The best advice I can give to current and incoming students is to surround yourself with supportive people who understand you need to set a quiet time for yourself, computer, and textbook at least once a week. Also, don’t be afraid to reach out for help, especially Averett’s tutoring program.

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

Thinking to myself this is a temporary stressor that will bring me many blessings down the road.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

My anticipated graduation date is May 5th, 2018!

Learn about our Sociology and Criminal Justice Program

Download BSCJ Requirements

Tags: , ,