jennifer_stoughton

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Jennifer Stoughton. I live in Roanoke, Va and I am a special education teacher at Ferrum Elementary School. This is my second year teaching and I love being with 3rd grade this year. My students work hard and have made so much progress this year. It brightens my day to see their smiling faces each morning. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my puppy, Groot, and my amazing boyfriend. Both have been constant supports during my classes. We love go to the Rail Yard Dawgs hockey games and the Salem Red Sox baseball games. I am so excited for summer and cookouts with my family. I am very close to my parents and my brother, Johnny.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?

When I subbed after I received my elementary education teaching license, I worked in a long term special education position. This is when I knew that I wanted to teach special education.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

After I looked into the Averett GPS program, things seemed to fall into place and I could tell Averett was my answer.

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

Shortly after being accepted into the program, I was offered my current special education position and am working under a provisional license until graduation in May this year.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

My advice to other students who are also pursuing their education at Averett is to keep your head up. At times, working full time and taking online Master’s classes may seem impossible and so much to handle, but if you work hard and are persistent, you will make it.

Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it.

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

I am excited to be graduating May 5, 2018 and if I can do it, so can you!

Learn about our M.Ed. Programs

Download M.Ed. Requirements

Tags: , ,