erin_luck

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Erin Luck and I’m a full time mom of two. My daughter is in 4th grade and my son is in 1st. I spend my weekends taking pictures and hanging out at the ball field, coaching and watching my kids play.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?

My children are my driving force for obtaining my Master’s degree. They see mommy working hard every single day and doing school work right along with them. I want them to know they are never too old to learn something new and bettering yourself can come at any age.

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I’ve been teaching for 11 years and I’ve taught grades Kindergarten – Third Grade. After years of teaching, I finally decided it was time to take the next step in my career and after researching different schools, Averett felt like the perfect fit. Being busy all day long and being a single mom, I didn’t time have to go to classes during the weeknight. I needed a school that I could come to me and I could fit into my busy life, and that was Averett.

I needed a school that I could come to me and I could fit into my busy life, and that was Averett.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS Program?

For anyone who has a busy life and doesn’t feel like they have time to do anything else, but truly wants to go back to school to further their career, Averett is the place for you. Yes, it’s a lot of work, but it’s completely worth it!

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

I graduate in May of this year and am looking forward to looking for Assistant Principal positions in the future.

Learn about our M.Ed. Programs

Download M.Ed. Requirements

Tags: , ,