rebecca_waterfield

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

I remember saying (on numerous occasions), after obtaining my Bachelor’s Degree, that I would not go back to school for my Masters. Then, I became a mom of twin boys and, now that they are a little older (8), realized how important it was to share my ambition with them and to show them that their success and security in life is available – they just need to go after it.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?

I graduated from Averett with my Bachelor’s Degree in Business in 2009 and really liked the structure and atmosphere. I did a lot of research prior to selecting where to go for my MBA and Averett won out above the rest on many different categories including culture, program structure and cost.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students.

We all experience different levels of challenge with everything we set out to do – time constraints, etc. – don’t stop pushing yourself to achieve greatness because of a roadblock – go around. It is in those moments where we feel most challenged that we grow and learn… move forward and embrace those times.

The teachers and the staff at Averett have been very supportive – I know I’m not alone on this journey.

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

The constant positive support I receive from my family and friends along with the streamlined structure of the program keeps me excited and motivated. Also, the teachers and the staff at Averett have been very supportive – I know I’m not alone on this journey.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

I will graduate with my Masters in Business with a concentration in HR in 2019 – and I’m so excited!

Tags: ,