Paul_Archie

Hello! My Name Is…

My name is Paul Archie and I am a father of 4 wonderful children (2 boys and 2 girls). I am also blessed with a wonderful wife. I served for 27 years in the United States Marine Corps, both overseas and continental. My wife also served in the USMC for 20 years. I retired in 2015 and moved to Chicago, Illinois to become a Marine Corps JROTC Instructor and the Academy Sergeant Major. I love my job of aiding in the education and life skills of students that are in tough life situations. We make a huge difference and get many of our students to college and the military. My hobbies are God, my family, and my continuing education with Averett University.

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree here at Averett University?      

My motivation for obtaining my degree is that I want to be an example for my 4 children at home as well as for my 890 cadets at my high schoolYour education is forever!!

Why did you choose Averett University’s Graduate & Professional Studies program?

I am a 2004 graduate of Averett University!!! I loved my experience when I obtained my BBA, so I thought that there was no better situation for my family and me. I love Averett University!!!

How has your degree from Averett University assisted you in your career?

Coming from decades in the military I felt like I had a lot to learn in the field of education. I have learned a tremendous amount, and have been able to give more knowledge to my cadets. I have learned so much that after obtaining my Masters of Education, I will pursue my Doctorate in Education in the fall of this year. I am excited!!!

I have learned a tremendous amount, and have been able to give more knowledge to my cadets.

What advice would you share for current and incoming students in Averett University’s GPS program?

Have fun, stay on schedule, ask questions, and do something with your education every day!! The professors are great and will work with all students if you put forth the effort. My fellow students are great and we all support each other!!! Do not quit or give up! And lastly have goals and milestones throughout the entirety of your GPS program. The time goes so quickly!!!!!! August of 2016 is when I started and now it is 2018 and I am almost complete!!

What keeps you motivated while in your degree program?

My family and friends know that I am in school and they have been understanding of my homework requirements in the evening when I return home from work. These education goals have always been in me and no matter what I will be successful!

What is your anticipated date of graduation?

I am 3 weeks away from my Masters of Education degree completion! May 4, 2018 will be a great day for my family and I!!!!!!

Learn about our M.Ed. Program

Download M.Ed. Requirements

Tags: , , , , ,