headshot of nicole lipford, master of education student

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

I am currently an elementary school teacher and truly love my job. I want to further my experiences by eventually becoming a special education teacher. I think that being able to impact as many young lives as I can in a positive and supportive way will be a rewarding accomplishment.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?                              

An Averett representative came to our school to speak about the program. I had been considering when to take the leap back into school and they gave me that little push that I needed.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students:

Classes and responsibilities can become overwhelming for us all, but when you reach your goal you will feel a sense of satisfaction in yourself and be proud of your success, keep on keepin’ on! 🙂

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

Knowing that I will be using what I am learning to help young children that need me keeps me focused. Sometimes I feel like there is not enough time to get it all done, but when you have a passion for what you are learning and why, then you can find the motivation to complete it.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2018!

Learn about our M.Ed. Programs

Download M.Ed. Requirements

Tags: