rebecca-doss

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

After earning an Associate’s Degree, I was still uncertain about the career path I wished to pursue. The experience I have gained has helped me narrowed down my career focus. I am convinced that continuing my education will help me reach my personal goals for career advancement.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?

The GPS Program at Averett is different than the online courses other universities provide. The courses are designed for people like myself who are trying to find the perfect balance between work, family life, and college courses. Averett truly makes the process easy! I enjoy the convenience of a predetermined class schedule and the amount of time it saves! The 5 week courses help me remain focused and excite about the course and its requirements.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students:

The biggest challenge you are going to face as a nontraditional student is time management. It is imperative to have the support of your friends and family. It is perfectly acceptable to ask for help when you are feeling overwhelmed. They want your success as much as you do!

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

The influence I am having on my children serves as my motivation. They are able to see firsthand what hard work and dedication look like when it comes to pursuing a goal. I am proud to set this example for them.

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2018!

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: