tom-bacak

What is your motivation for obtaining your degree?

There are a few factors. Firstly, I would like to continue my professional career and having a degree not only certifies my advanced education, but I have learned many things from my studies while being an experienced professional and can immediately apply those skill sets learned to my current job. Secondly, I want to set and provide an example to my young children and obtaining my degree is hopefully a good example for them when they’re older and realize the importance of this. Lastly, I had always promised my mother I would obtain my degree and I am going to fulfill that promise.

Why did you choose Averett’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program?

My mother attended the university when she decided to continue her education and finish her degree. I looked at a couple other choices, but her positive experience and the ease of enrollment, admission, and the all online capabilities that Averett has made it an easy choice.

Please share one tip for your fellow classmates and future AU students:

Speaking from the online perspective, get to know your student success counselor! She has helped me with every question on everything from administration to guidance. By doing her job effectively, I can spend my time focusing on my studies. Without her assistance I would have been totally lost.

What helps to keep you motivated while you are in the program?

My main motivation while obtaining my degree is setting a good example for my kids and fulfilling a promise I made to my mother years ago that I would one day get my degree. Better late than never!

What is your anticipated Date of Graduation?

Averett University, Class of 2017!

Learn more about our BBA program

Download BBA Requirements

Tags: