It takes a lot to balance work and family, while pursuing a degree. But, every day, our students show us that hard work pays off!
Averett’s GPS Admissions Counselors and Student Success teams are committed to our students’ success. We are inspired by each of our students’ journeys as they pursue their degree with Averett University – and we do our best to be supportive and provide guidance when the road gets tough. We’re only a phone call away!
For extra motivation as we kick off the new year, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite inspirational quotes to keep you inspired and motivated to reach your goals – or set new ones!
- “If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a lot of time dealing with a life you don’t want.” – Kevin Ngo
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
- “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown
- “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” – Carrie Fisher
- “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” – Frederick Douglass
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
- “One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.” – Abraham Maslow
- “The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.” – Benjamin Mays
- “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” – Rick Warren
- “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100 percent all the time, somehow things will work out in the end.” – Larry Bird
- “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.” – Hillary Clinton
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
- “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” – Andy Warhol
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “With self-discipline most anything is possible.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Accept the challenge so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.” – George S. Patton
- “It is never too late to be who you might have been.” – George Eliot
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
If these quotes inspired you to make a change for the better by finishing your degree or pursuing your graduate degree, click here to learn more about Averett University’s online degree programs designed specifically for working adults.